On this Buy Nothing Day, as the frenzy of our most dreaded shopping season kicks into gear, come out and join community members for a day of free stuff, hot food and workshops!
Drop by Pritchard Park, across the street from Firestorm Cafe, anytime and bring your unwanted household items in good condition. Then browse the stuff which others have brought and take what you want.
No catch, everything is absolutely free!
The following free workshops will be held simultaneous to the Really Really Free Market at Firestorm Cafe & Books:
Intro to Zine Making : 11am - noon
- open source zine production for non-technical folx.
Know Your Rights : noon - 1pm
- learn how to safely interact with the police.
Decolonization : 1 - 3pm
- the ins and outs of colonization and how to combat it.
Anti-capitalism : 1 - 2pm
- a facilitated discussion.
Guerrilla Tiling : 3 - 5pm
- a hands on ceramics workshop for the radical propagandist.
LGBTQI Prisoner Realities : 5 - 6pm
- realities which queer incarcerated folks face and how you can help.
Join us at 7pm for a screening of "Lucio Urtubia, the Irreducible Anarchist" (2009), a documentary film on Spanish anarchist Lucio Urtubia, a modern day Robin Hood who expropriated millions from Citibank in the late 1907s to fund revolutionaries around the world.