Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion Paperback
By Taymer Mason
Spice up your life with over 200 authentic Caribbean recipes—veganized!
Welcome to the Caribbean, home to an incredibly rich cooking tradition. Here, African, French, Asian, and Spanish influences combine with the local flavors of Barbados, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and more. You’ll discover:
- Sweet and Savory Breakfasts: Cassava Pancakes, Herbed Sada Roti
- Traditional Mains: Jerk “Sausages,” Pelau, Trinidadian Doubles
- Smoothies and Nourishing Bowls: Bajan Booster Shake, Papaya Chia Smoothie Bowl, Caribbean Macro Bowl
- Modern Delights: Rasta Pasta, Plantain Wellington, Caribbean Sushi
- Teas and Sweet and Savory Treats: Moringa Bread, Lemongrass Agave
- Tisane, Sweetened Hibiscus Tea, Ginger-Kissed Jam-Filled Beignets
- Plus Drinks and Cocktails, Desserts, and everything in between!
In this expanded, full-color second edition of Caribbean Vegan, Barbadian chef Taymer Mason shares 75 all-new recipes, including Caribbean Sushi, Brule Jol (avocado salad), and Breadfruit Ravioli with Calabaza Squash Filling. Plus, she explains the key kitchen skills she learned growing up: how to cut breadfruit, make your own cassava flour, choose a ripe coconut, and more. The islands await you . . .
- 320 pages
- The Experiment (11/29/16)
- 7.5 x 0.9 x 9 inches